For many, it’s not how much you make, but how well you plan your spending. Speedy Cash has a list of seven little ways to save big money. These money-saving tips can help you cut back on your spending, and put more money in your bank account.
- Stick to Your Shopping List – It’s natural to buy extra items when you’re shopping. It’s hard to resist, even when you have a shopping list. So make a vow to always stick to your shopping list! You’ll be surprised how much those “extras” can cost!
- Cancel Your Land Line – Do you still have a land line? If your answer is yes, do you still use your land line? If the answer to this question is no, then what’re you waiting for?! Cancel your land line for immediate savings. It may be a minimal amount each month, but think about the ways you can repurpose that money!
- Use Coupons – Coupons!!! They’re everywhere. Coupons are delivered to your mailbox and your inbox, they’re in the Sunday paper, and they’re even on Facebook! All you have to do is use them. If you’re like some people, you may say it takes too much time and effort to clip and organize your coupons. Take this Speedy Cash challenge. Compare the time it takes you to your savings. Worth it now?
- Re-evaluate Memberships – Do you have a gym membership? Are you paying for a VIP membership to get first dibs on concert tickets? What about golfing memberships? Memberships are expensive habits that eat up a substantial amount of money. Re-evaluate your memberships and decide if they’re worth the money. Remember to consider how much you pay, and how often you use them.
- Eliminate Extra TV Channels – Are you paying extra to have movie channels? Been there, done that. But it always seems like when you want to watch a movie, nothing good is on. Renting movies may be a cheaper solution for you. Are you one of those people who has that one show on HBO that you HAVE to watch? Only subscribe to the channel during the season of your show. When your show isn’t playing, get that channel turned off!
- Buy Generics – Next time you reach for that name brand item (whether it’s a pair of jeans or it’s a bottle of hand soap), ask yourself if you really need to spend the extra money for the name. In some cases, you may say yes. But in most cases, you will be able to settle for the generic and save yourself some money. Generics are a great way to save money on medical prescriptions, too!
- Drop Your Internet Speed – Are you paying to have the fastest Internet connection possible? This may be a quick way for you to save up $50 a month, EASILY! How do you use the Internet? Are you just checking Email and surfing the Internet? Check into lower tier speed and pricing. Are you a gamer? Check into medium tier speed and pricing.
Looking for more ways to save money? Try the 100+ Money Savings Tips mobile app for your smartphone! The app provides you with useful tips on how to save money in your day-to-day life. The app allows you to check off tips as you use them, and even submit your own money saving tips!